When it comes to pour over coffee, without a doubt gooseneck style electric kettles are your best options. Gooseneck kettles will give you the best control when pouring hot water into your pour-over coffee filter.
Pour Over Coffee Kettle Alternatives
While goose-neck pour-over coffee kettles are definitely nice for when you’re looking for that ultimate pouring control, you can certainly get away with these alternatives when it comes to making pour-over coffee. Truth be told, any kettle will work, some will require a little more care when pouring.
- Mueller Premium 1500W Electric Kettle with SpeedBoil
- Miroco Double Wall Electric Kettle
- Cuisinart CPK-17P1 1.7-Liter Cordless Coffee Kettle Electric
Any of the linked electric kettles will do the job for a pour over coffee & tea! I’ve personally used the Cuisinart CPK-17P1 1.7-Liter Cordless Electric kettle for years along with a gooseneck electric kettle and it works perfectly fine for making pour over coffee.
What to Look for When Buying an Electric Kettle
When purchasing a coffee electric kettle, here are some buying tips to keep in mind.
After having used an electric kettle for 10 years, these features are what I look for when looking to buy a new electric water kettle.
- Look for an electric kettle with variable temperature control: When making the best coffee, optimum extraction temperature is key. If you can control the kettle temp regular down to 1 degree increments, it’s ideal. Some kettles however only allow you to control between 5-10 degrees pet setting.
- What is the capacity for the electric kettle: Depending on your coffee or tea needs, you may not require a large capacity electric kettle. In general, if I’m making coffee for myself I tend to heat about 3 US Cups for one serving of pour over coffee.
- Temperature Hold Control: Does the kettle have a setting for ‘holding’ certain temperatures? Some kettles will continuously heat the water to a specific temp of your choice. This feature is not available for every electric kettle.
Budget-Friendly Gooseneck Electric Kettle
If you are in the market for a gooseneck kettle for that ultimate pouring control, here are some budget friendly kettles that I recommend. The recommendation is based on price, quality and features.
The coffee gator isn’t electric, but it’s definitely budget-friendly. I wanted to add the Coffee Gator Pour Over Kettle on the list mainly because of the price + quality aspect. While it’s not electric, it does have a built-in thermometer so you know when it’s the proper temp to make your coffee.
The Most Versatile Gooseneck Electric Kettle
When it comes to look, features and quality, it’s hard to beat the Fellow Stagg Pour Over Kettle. I personally own one of these Fellow Stagg Pour Over Kettle and I can attest to the quality of this product. The only downside is the price point.